This selection is my favourite 6 small kitchens from Designhunter’s Kitchens Board on Pinterest. They got me thinking about how stressful it would be to cook and entertain out of a small kitchen unless you had put a lot of thought into design, layout and appliances.
My top tips for designing a small kitchen for stress-free entertaining are:
1. Maximise your bench space by using flat and flush cooktops and/or sinks which you can put a chopping board over;
2. Minimise pokey cupboards and incorporate plenty of drawers into the space so you’re not crawling around peering into dark corners;
3. Incorporate a Fisher & Paykel DishDrawer dishwasher just below bench height and pop dirty dishes away on the go;
4. Make good use of wallspace and hanging space above benches to “display” pots, pans and utensils within easy reach;
5. Select versatile multi-task appliances like the KitchenAid stand mixer which comes with different attachments to help you whip up everything from pasta
to ice cream and saves having to have lots of appliances to store in a small space.
Have you renovated or designed a small kitchen or tried to work in one? What’s on your wishlist? Tell us in the comments below!
Sponsored post by: Fisher & Paykel